Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Our FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to the product and its usage. Of course, if you would like to talk to us directly, please contact our Domain consultant.
Frequently Asked Questions on WRENCH SMARTPROJECT
- In planning software’s, the actual status of the activities planned are captured manually and it is updated in the software manually. In WRENCH-SmartProject, the schedules are detailed to the lowest level and the actual status of the activities are captured and updated automatically. Hence the impact on the project schedule based on actual status can be seen immediately.
- In Project management software we monitor the status of the key milestones and then based on that the system shows the delay. Wrench-SmartProject monitors the progress of the work and notifies if the milestone will be slipped and automatically generates the S-Curve.
So, Wrench-SmartProject is used to proactively monitor the deliverables and the project.
Some of the unique features of Wrench-SmartProject are workflow driven processes, document type-based checklists and it can enforce document management and control procedures. The system automatically maintains the document history and complete audit trail. It also automatically monitors the document status and progress and produces all the reports
Yes. WRENCH SMARTPROJECT is a cloud-based application and can be accessed over the browser from any location. Every document is printed with a unique ID’s (QR Codes), which can be used by the end user to verify if the document is the latest by using the mobile app.
- WRENCH SMARTPROJECT is most effective on projects with less than 15% of progress. Any project above this threshold will require efforts for migrating the existing data into the system.
- A typical engineering project will take up to 2 weeks to setup and an EPC projects will require 4 weeks. With another 1 week of training to the users the project can go live.
- The existing organization processes are mapped into the workflow in WRENCH-SmartProject.
- WRENCH-SmartProject provides a library of most automated industry best practices which can also be used by the organisation
- WRENCH SMARTPROJECT helps in identifying and removing redundant processes, thereby improving efficiency and quality.
- Document access is only provided to the authorized users after login in into the system. Also, additional security based on document type, project level and role level access can be defined.
- To control access from remote location, OTP on mobile based security is also available.
WRENCH SMARTPROJECT can handle pre-order stage of e-tendering and post order phase of delivery and inspection. Also, it has capability to handle reverse bidding.
- Wrench-SmartProject is a complementary system to an ERP. We can detail the process of procurement to pre-order stages like e-tendering and post order phase and it can integrate with ERP to monitor the procurement activities and it cost.
- Facilitates to automated follow-ups to ensure on time release of PO, delivery etc.
- WRENCH SMARTPROJECT has bidirectional integration with numerous ERP software’s.
BIM collaboration software are is used for design data management and for collaboration on BIM model. WRENCH SMARTPROJECT is a completely integrated Project management information system that manages all the data and information of a project including BIM. It has integration with BIM collaboration software like BIM360 for handling design information.
Vendors deliverable list are imported into Wrench-SmartProject and their drawings and documents can be uploaded by them. Vendor and the client or consultant can collaborate online on Wrench-SmartProject. Expediting the vendors can be done automatically by the system which reduces the effort of follow up.
- All correspondence can be created and complied with all the relavent data in WRENCH-SmartProject and then send to all concerned through the mailing system.
- WRENCH SMARTPROJECT can send automated notification to relevant stakeholder if the reply is provided as committed.
- WRENCH SMARTPROJECT maintains the complete thread of communication and the audit trail.
- Automated reports can be produced of all the correspondences.
- In WRENCH SMARTPROJECT users can book their manhours spend on a deliverable using the time sheet module from mobile or their device.
- The platform can also integrate with companies inhouse time sheet system.
- WRENCH SMARTPROJECT reports are self-serviced and automatically generated.
- The dashboards can be customized by the user as required.
- Power BI and Tableau can be used for dashboarding for enhancing data visualization experience.
- WRENCH SMARTPROJECT shows the Plan vs Actual of all the deliverables in Realtime.
- Trend curves are generated for monitoring work progress.
- A unique RFID code can be assigned to every resource to monitor productivity and idle time.
In WRENCH SMARTPROJECT billing schedule can be specified in line with the project milestones. Based on the progress of the work, the system can send notification if the activity linked to the billing schedule is not expected to complete as planned.
- WRENCH SMARTPROJECT provided facility to do Boolean search on all the metadata related to the documents.
- Also users can search within the document using its content search facility which supports all printed formats (Dwg., pdf., etc) other than handwritten documents.
- A traditional DMS requires all the fields to be manually filled in while adding a document. WRENCH SMARTPROJECT grabs this detail automatically once the file is attached to the document information available in the system. This drastically reduces the need for any manual effort.
- A document in Engineering may have multiple files such as a drawing, word file and excel file. In Wrench-Smartproject all these files can be maintained independently and moved through the workflow as one document. In general DMS each file is handled as individual documents and to move them as one through the workflow they need to be combined by adding then as a Zip file or converting into a combined PDF file.
Any number of files with any file size can be uploaded. The server with the required storage capacity should be available.
WRENCH SMARTPROJECT compliments the task done by different project users through automation. This allows the system to take care of the mundane activities, allowing the user to focus on more value added activities. As an example, a PM typically spends 70 % time for collecting status information of the task executed by the project team members and facilitate data collation to produce reports. Wrench Smart Project automatically captures the status and produces the reports, PM can utilize 100% time for effective project management.
You are in good company
Just a few of the companies who use SmartProject
Some impressions from our customers !
“The key points regarding (the) SMART PROJECT system: 1. Excellent Document Management System, where all history is maintained, including letters, faxes, transmittals, specs, drawings, etc. 2. Excellent Earned Value System, where the rule of credit can be chosen in agreement with the client, which makes invoicing very simple. The rule of credit is flexible and…
“Now that WRENCH has passed our evaluation process above 7 other competitors in terms of performance, user-friendliness, adaptability, and price, then I believe that I would be selecting WRENCH for quite a few more years without bothering going through a lengthy evaluation process (which started 5 weeks before WRENCH came into the picture).”
See how it works
The mate was a mighty sailing man the Skipper brave and are five passengers set sail that day.
Who uses wrenchSP?
The mate was a mighty sailing man the Skipper brave and are five passengers set sail the boat harder and faster