Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Our FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to the product and its usage. Of course, if you would like to talk to us directly, please contact our Domain consultant.
Frequently Asked Questions on WRENCH SMARTPROJECT
1) What differentiates SmartProject from a typical project management tool (Primavera, MS Project, etc.)?
- In typical planning software, actual status of activities planned is captured manually and updated in the software manually. In SmartProject, schedules are detailed to the lowest level and status of activities is captured and updated automatically. Therefore, impact on the project schedule, based on actual status, can be seen immediately and errors introduced by manual entry are greatly reduced.
- In typical project management software, we manually//? monitor status of key milestones and, based on that, the system shows any delays. Wrench-SmartProject automatically monitors progress of work, notifies if milestones will slip and automatically generates S-Curves.
So, Wrench-SmartProject is used to proactively monitor the deliverables and the project.
Some of the unique features of SmartProject are workflow driven processes, document-type based checklists and enforcement of document management and control procedures. The system automatically maintains document histories and complete audit trails. It also automatically monitors document status and progress and produces all necessary reports.
Yes. SmartProject is a cloud-based application and can be accessed over the browser from any location. Every document is printed with a unique ID (QR Code), which can be used by end users to verify the document is the latest by using the mobile app.
4) Can SmartProject be implemented on a running project? If so, how long does it take to set up SmartProject?
- SmartProject is most effective on projects with less than 15% progress. Any project above this threshold will require efforts for migrating existing data into the system.
- A typical engineering project will take up to 2 weeks to set up, and EPC projects will require 4 weeks. With another 1 week of training for users, the project can go live.
- Existing organization processes are mapped into workflows in SmartProject.
- SmartProject provides a library of most automated industry best practices which can also be adopted by the organization
- SmartProject helps identify and remove redundant processes, thereby improving efficiency and quality.
6) Engineering information and documents are an intellectual capital. What kind of security is available in SmartProject to control access and prevent misuse?
- Document access is only provided to authorized users after login to the system. Additional security, based on document type, project level and role level, can be defined.
- To control access from remote locations, OTP (One Time Password) on mobile based security is also available.
SmartProject can handle the preorder stage of e-tendering and post-order phase of delivery and inspection. Also, it handles reverse bidding.
- SmartProject is complementary to ERP systems. We can detail the process of procurement to preorder stages like e-tendering and post-order phases and can integrate with ERP to monitor procurement activities and costs.
- SmartProject facilitates automated follow-ups to ensure on-time release of POs, deliveries, etc.
- SmartProject has bidirectional integration with numerous ERP systems.
BIM collaboration software is used for design data management and for collaboration on the BIM model. SmartProject is a completely integrated project management information system that manages all data and information of a project including BIM. It has integration with BIM collaboration software like BIM360 for handling design information.
Vendors’//? deliverable lists are imported into SmartProject, and their drawings and documents can be uploaded by them. Vendors, the client and consultants can collaborate online on SmartProject. Expediting vendors can be done automatically by the system which reduces the effort of follow up.
11) Can SmartProject manage all project correspondence integrated with the company’s mailing system (Office 365 or google mail) so one mailing system can be used for all communication?
- All correspondence can be created and complied with relevant data in SmartProject and then sent to all concerned through the mailing system.
- SmartProject can send automated notification to relevant stakeholders if the reply is provided as committed. //I don’t know what this means.
- SmartProject maintains complete threads of communication and audit trails.
- Automated reports can be produced for all correspondence.
- In SmartProject, users can book their manhours spent on a deliverable using the timesheet module from their mobile or other device.
- The platform can also integrate with companies’ inhouse timesheet systems.
13) How do we manage ad hoc report requests from clients and top management? //Below doesn’t adequately answer the question.
- SmartProject reports are self-serviced and automatically generated.
- The dashboards can be customized by the user as required.
- Power BI and Tableau can be used to dashboard for an enhanced data visualization experience.
- SmartProject shows Planned vs. Actual for all the deliverables in real-time.
- Trend curves are generated for monitoring work progress.
- A unique RFID code can be assigned to every resource to monitor productivity and idle time.
In SmartProject, billing schedules can be specified in line with the project milestones. Based on progress of the work, the system can send notifications if the activity linked to the billing schedule is not expected to complete as planned.
- SmartProject provides Boolean searches on all metadata related to drawings and documents.
- Users can search on content within documents; all printed formats (Dwg., pdf., etc., not handwritten) are supported.
- A traditional DMS requires all the fields to be manually filled in//Unclear, are we talking about metadata? when adding a document. SmartProject grabs this detail automatically once the file is attached to document information available in the system. This drastically reduces the need for manual efforts and errors introduced by such efforts.
SmartProject compliments tasks worked by different project users through automation. This allows the system to take care of mundane activities, allowing users to focus on more value-added tasks. As example, a PM typically spends 70% of his/her time collecting status information about tasks executed by the project team members and facilitating data collation to produce reports. SmartProject automatically captures status and produces reports. Consequently, PMs can utilize 100% of time for effective project management.
WRENCH SMARTPROJECT compliments the task done by different project users through automation. This allows the system to take care of the mundane activities, allowing the user to focus on more value added activities. As an example, a PM typically spends 70 % time for collecting status information of the task executed by the project team members and facilitate data collation to produce reports. Wrench Smart Project automatically captures the status and produces the reports, PM can utilize 100% time for effective project management.
Wrench SmartProject is a digital project management platform for construction, engineering and infrastructure projects which connects stakeholders in real time and uses digital workflows to reduce the risk of schedule and cost overrun.
Wrench SmartProject maximizes profit margins in infrastructure, engineering & construction projects by digitally managing the flow of information throughout the project lifecycle and enabling better collaboration, quality control, resource management, and progress tracking.
Wrench SmartProject is software that mimics the services provided by a project management office. It uses automated workflows to increase team efficiency and prevent schedule/budget overrun.
Wrench SmartProject is used by project owners, contractors and consultants to manage project information online, ensure quality & compliance, optimize collaboration, and manage a project’s progress to successful completion.
You are in good company
Just a few of the companies who use SmartProject
Some impressions from our customers !
“The key points regarding (the) SMART PROJECT system: 1. Excellent Document Management System, where all history is maintained, including letters, faxes, transmittals, specs, drawings, etc. 2. Excellent Earned Value System, where the rule of credit can be chosen in agreement with the client, which makes invoicing very simple. The rule of credit is flexible and…
“Now that WRENCH has passed our evaluation process above 7 other competitors in terms of performance, user-friendliness, adaptability, and price, then I believe that I would be selecting WRENCH for quite a few more years without bothering going through a lengthy evaluation process (which started 5 weeks before WRENCH came into the picture).”
See how it works
The mate was a mighty sailing man the Skipper brave and are five passengers set sail that day.
Who uses wrenchSP?
The mate was a mighty sailing man the Skipper brave and are five passengers set sail the boat harder and faster
Don't just take our word for it !
Case Study: BK Gulf
The case explores how BK Gulf used Wrench SmartProject as a paperless system to help their teams work and collaborate more efficiently in real-time
Case Study: Worley
The case explores how SmartProject brought in increased efficiency, Reduce Cycle time and quality assurance on all projects of Worley across multiple locations
Case Study: Metito
The case explores why Metito selected Wrench SmartProject as an end-to-end project management system for global teams across the project