Acceptable Use Policy
Effective Date: 24 October 2019
Wrench Solutions (P) LTD (WSPL) recommend all concerned to abide by the acceptable use policy when working with facilities and information that belongs to WSPL.
Information assets such as networks, internet, operating systems, software etc. are to be used by people for meeting the business objectives of the organisation. It is the responsibility of users of each of these facilities to know the guidelines for using them and to follow the guidelines all the time the facilities are used. This document describes the acceptable use of such facilities.
The purpose of this document is to outline the acceptable use of computing infrastructure at WSPL. Everyone who use the facilities are advised to abide by the guidelines in this policy.
- This policy applies to use of information, electronic and computing devices to conduct WSPL business or any interaction with such facilities owned/ hired/ subscribed by WSPL.
- Any exceptions to the policy are also specified in this document
- All WSPL proprietary information available within the information systems of WSPL is sole property of WSPL. All users are expected to learn all applicable policies and access only information designated for their access and refrain from accessing any information that are not designated for their access.
- All employees, partners and users of WSPL information systems have the responsibility to report any unauthorized access, loss, theft or disclosure of WSPL proprietary information.
- One may access, use or share WSPL proprietary information only to the extend authorized and necessary to fulfil the designated job responsibilities.
- Everyone accessing WSPL proprietary information When in doubt about access permissions, the information security team is to be contacted for guidelines.
- WSPL reserves rights to audit information assets, including network traffic and content at any time.
- Information systems in WSPL may preserve the content of network traffic for audits in future. The time and volume of such content capture and the tenure of its retention are at sole discretion of WSPL.
- When human user operated information systems are unattended for considerably long periods, they shall be automatically switched to inactive mode, to recover from which the currently authenticated user’s password is required.
- The internet facility in WSPL is for the sole purpose of WSPL business.
- Violations of the rights of any person or company protected by copyright, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property, or similar laws or regulations, including, but not limited to, the installation or distribution of “pirated” or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for use by WSPL is not allowed.
- Attempting to access information to which you do not have authorized access is not acceptable.
- Accessing information for any purpose other than conducting WSPL business, even if you have authorized access is not acceptable.
- Attempting to circumvent security settings/ guidelines is not acceptable.
- Disrupting normal functioning of any IT or other facility in WSLP is not acceptable.
- Making information/ assets available to persons who are not authorized to access such assets/ information is not acceptable.
- Introduction of malicious programs into the information assets of WSPL (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, e-mail bombs, etc.) is not acceptable.
- Copying and reproducing WSPL information without documented authorization is not acceptable.
- Reverse engineering WSPL products is not acceptable.
Emails and communications
- Sending unsolicited email messages is not acceptable.
- Sending communications with content that are not aligned to the WSPL policies and its best interests is not acceptable.
- Expressing personal opinion without clear mention in the content of communication that it is personal opinion and not of WSPL is not acceptable.
- Unauthorized use/ forging of email headers is not acceptable.
- Sending / receiving communications on behalf of others without explicit permissions is not acceptable.
- The internet facility in WSPL is solely for the purpose of WSPL business and use of it for any other purpose is not acceptable.
- WSPL has multiple software products that caters to different needs. All users are required to use the product in accordance to the documented user manuals/ help documents of respective products.
- By using the product, you agree to adhere to the licensing terms of the product and this acceptable use policy.
- You warrant that you will not reverse engineer any part of the product.
- You understand that WSPL may make changes to their product from time to time and you are required to review new versions of products for suitability in your context of use before deciding to use them.
- The WSPL software products are tested against malfunctions but no software is free of defects. As a user, you are expected to verify and approve the product behavior in each context of your use of the product. WSPL shall not be responsible for any loss or damage due to undesirable results and malfunctions in the products.
- Unless otherwise stated, Wrench Solutions and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on the web sites owned by WSPL. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from WSPL web sites for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions. On the information available on You must not;
- Republish/ Redistribute material
- Sell, rent or sub-license material
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material
- Many WSPL websites offer opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the websites. WSPL does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of WSPL, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person posted. Wrench Solutions shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website. On using the web site, you warrant that you will not post comments that are false, defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or unlawful. WSPL reserves all rights to monitor comments and to remove any comments at its sole discretion.
- WSPL may change the content and behavior of its website at it’s sole discretion.
- The WSPL web sites are tested against malfunctions but no software is free of defects. As a user, you are expected to take necessary precautions against defects such as infected or hacked content. WSPL shall not be responsible for any loss or damage due to defects on the websites.
- When providing information on the web site, you warrant that the information provided are true to the best of our understanding.
- Prior written permission from WSPL is required to hyperlink any of its web site content from other locations. Organisations that are permitted to hyperlink WSPL website content without prior permissions are only the following:
- Search Engines
- Government agencies
- News organisations
- Online directory distributers
- In all cases, the locations that provide such links must not contain any; (a) content deformative to WSPL business, (b) unlawful content, (c) content with conflict of interest with WSPL business. WSPL shall not be responsible for any consequences due to the hyperlink
- WSPL reserves all rights to measure compliance to this policy through various methods, including but not limited to business tool reports, internal and external audits, network traffic content monitoring and manual observations.
- Any exceptions to this policy needs prior approval from the information security team.
- Anyone found to have violated this policy may be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, at the discretion of the WSPL management.