The purpose of this document is to outline the acceptable use of computing infrastructure at Wrench Solutions (P) Ltd. (WSPL). Everyone who use the facilities are advised to abide by the guidelines in this policy.
- This policy applies to use of information, electronic and computing devices to conduct WSPL business or any interaction with such facilities owned/ hired/ subscribed by WSPL.
- Any exceptions to the policy are also specified in this document
- All WSPL proprietary information available within the information systems of WSPL is sole property of WSPL. All users are expected to learn all applicable policies and access only information designated for their access and refrain from accessing any information that are not designated for their access.
- All employees, partners and users of WSPL information systems have the responsibility to report any unauthorized access, loss, theft or disclosure of WSPL proprietary information.
- One may access, use or share WSPL proprietary information only to the extend authorized and necessary to fulfil the designated job responsibilities.
- Everyone accessing WSPL proprietary information When in doubt about access permissions, the information security team is to be contacted for guidelines.
- WSPL reserves rights to audit information assets, including network traffic and content at any time.
- Information systems in WSPL may preserve the content of network traffic for audits in future. The time and volume of such content capture and the tenure of its retention are at sole discretion of WSPL.
- When human user operated information systems are unattended for considerably long periods, they shall be automatically switched to inactive mode, to recover from which the currently authenticated user’s password is required.
- The internet facility in WSPL is for the sole purpose of WSPL business.
3.2 Specific Scenarios
- Violations of the rights of any person or company protected by copyright, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property, or similar laws or regulations, including, but not limited to, the installation or distribution of “pirated” or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for use by WSPL is not allowed.
- Attempting to access information to which you do not have authorized access is not acceptable.
- Accessing information for any purpose other than conducting WSPL business, even if you have authorized access is not acceptable.
- Attempting to circumvent security settings/ guidelines is not acceptable.
- Disrupting normal functioning of any IT or other facility in WSLP is not acceptable.
- Making information/ assets available to persons who are not authorized to access such assets/ information is not acceptable.
- Introduction of malicious programs into the information assets of WSPL (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, e-mail bombs, etc.) is not acceptable.
- Copying and reproducing WSPL information without documented authorization is not acceptable.
- Reverse engineering WSPL products is not acceptable.
- Sending unsolicited email messages is not acceptable.
- Sending communications with content that are not aligned to the WSPL policies and its best interests is not acceptable.
- Expressing personal opinion without clear mention in the content of communication that it is personal opinion and not of WSPL is not acceptable.
- Unauthorized use/ forging of email headers is not acceptable.
- Sending / receiving communications on behalf of others without explicit permissions is not acceptable.
- The internet facility in WSPL is solely for the purpose of WSPL business and use of it for any other purpose is not acceptable.
- WSPL has multiple software products that caters to different needs. All users are required to use the product in accordance to the documented user manuals/ help documents of respective products.
- By using the product, you agree to adhere to the licensing terms of the product and this acceptable use policy.
- You warrant that you will not reverse engineer any part of the product.
- You understand that WSPL may make changes to their product from time to time and you are required to review new versions of products for suitability in your context of use before deciding to use them.
- The WSPL software products are tested against malfunctions but no software is free of defects. As a user, you are expected to verify and approve the product behavior in each context of your use of the product. WSPL shall not be responsible for any loss or damage due to undesirable results and malfunctions in the products.
3.2.5 Web Sites
- Unless otherwise stated, Wrench Solutions and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on the web sites owned by WSPL. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from WSPL web sites for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions. On the information available on You must not;
- Republish/ Redistribute material
- Sell, rent or sub-license material
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material
- Many WSPL websites offer opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the websites. WSPL does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of WSPL, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person posted. Wrench Solutions shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website. On using the web site, you warrant that you will not post comments that are false, defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or unlawful. WSPL reserves all rights to monitor comments and to remove any comments at its sole discretion.
- WSPL may change the content and behavior of its website at it’s sole discretion.
- The WSPL web sites are tested against malfunctions but no software is free of defects. As a user, you are expected to take necessary precautions against defects such as infected or hacked content. WSPL shall not be responsible for any loss or damage due to defects on the websites.
- When providing information on the web site, you warrant that the information provided are true to the best of our understanding.
- Prior written permission from WSPL is required to hyperlink any of its web site content from other locations. Organisations that are permitted to hyperlink WSPL website content without prior permissions are only the following:
- Search Engines
- Government agencies
- News organisations
- Online directory distributers
- In all cases, the locations that provide such links must not contain any; (a) content deformative to WSPL business, (b) unlawful content, (c) content with conflict of interest with WSPL business. WSPL shall not be responsible for any consequences due to the hyperlink
- WSPL reserves all rights to measure compliance to this policy through various methods, including but not limited to business tool reports, internal and external audits, network traffic content monitoring and manual observations.
- Any exceptions to this policy needs prior approval from the information security team.
- Anyone found to have violated this policy may be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, at the discretion of the WSPL management.
Wrench solutions (P) Ltd (WSPL) is committed to protect private/personal information it gathers from customers, employees, vendors and all other agencies for rendering various services. When people work with WSPL, it’s products or web sites, a number of private/personal information is required to be provided for offering various services. However, by not providing such information, users may opt not to avail such services but may consume the rest.
This document defines the policy that binds WSPL in handing private/personal data transparently so that the person who is providing such information is aware of the purpose and of its management.
WSPL systems may necessitate colleting private/personal information as described below. Information collected may be stored, processed or used anywhere in the world as WSPL has distributed information systems in many countries. All who entrust any information with WSPL acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transferring, storage and processing of the information may be undertaken by trusted vendors of WSPL.
Name of the user and password are the essential information each user needs to render into the system while creating user accounts. User may choose to add phone number or email address for availing additional notification services that can help make day-to-day work more efficient. Users may optionally provide their photograph, nationality, postal address and fax number for improving the user experience. The product also stores electronic documents, project plan and correspondences created by users.
There are few other details that the product collects but not stored persistently. These information gets erased as users logs out. The information thus collected are:
- The TCP/IP address of the device used to consume the product services
- Time zone of the device at login
- Any unique device identifier when possible.
During the enrollment process, details as described in appendix A of this document are collected from each employee. The purpose, retention period and method of maintenance are mentioned in appendix A.
Private/personal information collected from customer/ service providers (other than collected by the WSPL products) will be handled as per terms in any applicable Nondisclosure Agreements (NDA).
3.4 WSPL Web sites
Information collected via the web sites are for the purpose of identifying the appropriate service to offer and to contact the person/organisation. Appendix B prescribes the list if such information collected. Information collected are maintained in the marketing database. Persons who provided such information gives consent to use the details for the said purpose. These can be purged by making a request in reply to any email communication sent by WSPL to the person who provided the information. When a request to purge this information is received, it will be purged and not used for further communications. However, it will remain as part of the older communications but will not be reused.
3.5 WSPL Support Systems
The customer support system collects private/personal information along with the support requirements details for the purpose of contacting the person with requested support activities. The information include the person’s name, company name, company region, email address, photograph, phone numbers and ‘linkedIn’ ID. When a person desires to stop using the support facilities, the person may send an email from the registered email address to the Wrench solutions support team. On receiving and confirming the request, all personally identifiable information will be removed from the support database so the no further communications will be sent out such persons.
WSPL products may offer personalized data analytics reports to help people better manage their projects and documents.
In WSPL products, there are many notifications that can be consumed to handle projects efficiently. Such notifications are communicated via emails, phone or social media. Information collected from the web sites will be used for activities such as communicating with you about our products/ services and any promotional offers.
In scenarios where WSPL is instructed vide legal or federal orders, all or part of the private/personal information will be revealed to such agencies as necessitated by law.
WSPL runs continuous research on the data available to its products and web sites to create insights to improve general industry practices in project management and document management.
Users of our products can access the private/personal information contained in the products using prescribed user controls and modify or remove as required. When users stop using our products, they can request to remove, all their private data so that it will not be available for further use. However, any private/personal information the users have stored in any documents managed by the system will remain un altered until the user manually alter them individually as required or remove the documents. Also, any private/personal information that were part of email communications sent using WSPL products also will remain unaltered.
Employees of WSPL when consummating the employment may request to remove all private/personal information from WSPL records by sending an email to the HR Manager. However, the private/personal information to be maintained for prescribed period as necessitated by law if any will remain unpurged.
Customers/ Vendors when deciding to terminate WSPL services may request the corporate planning manager via email to remove any associated data from WSPL records. Such requests after servicing, will be intimated about the status. Contact details of such customers, once requested to be purged will not be used for any marketing or other communications in future.
Users of the web sites may send an email to the web administrator ([email protected]) to request removal of private/personal information they have provided. An email can be sent to the web administrator with the revised private/personal information to update it.
WSPL products facilitate sharing of information (including private/personal information) with other users or external applications. WSPL assume no responsibility in the use or protection of such information shared to other users/applications.
WSPL shall use its best endeavor to ensure protection of private/personal information from risks related to leakage, falsification etc. which would affect privacy.
Everyone, before using any service/product offering from WSPL, must read and accept the terms in the acceptable use policy and this policy.
WSPL will use adequate control measures to safeguard the private/personal information on acquisition, usage, provision and ensure the same being followed by employees.
WSPL restricts the usage and sharing of private/personal information to a minimal level with third parties and ensure that the third parties treat the information with adequate security.
WSPL shall entrust the CISO as its Privacy Officer who will co-ordinate and act as the single point of contact for all matter related to Privacy of information it deals with.
Any privacy related inquiries/ complaints shall be sent to the information security team vial the incident reporting system or via email to CISO ([email protected]).
Appendix A: Personal information collected from Wrench Employees
- Name of the person
Name identifies a person uniquely in WSPL as well as legal registrations. The name used in WSPL HRMS system is persisted for up to seven years as legally necessitated. It may remain in any external agency registers such as the provident fund, even after the termination of employment with WSPL.
- Date of Birth
The birth date used for computing the person’s age will be stored in WSPL HRMS system. Personal email address may be purged on request after the employee leaves the organisation. However, it will remain on documents that are to be maintained as per applicable laws. The request to purge may be sent to the HR team via email.
- Email Address, Phone Number
The email address/ phone number are used for communicating with the person and stored in WSPL HRMS system. Personal email address may be purged on request after the employee leaves the organisation. The request to purge may be sent to the HR team via email
Photograph is required in the WSPL HRMS system to visually identify the person. Photographs may be purged on request after the employee leaves the organisation. However, it will remain on documents that are to be maintained as per applicable laws. The request to purge may be sent to the HR team via email.
- Bank account number
For remitting the salaries. The employee may continue to use the bank account even after the employment with Wrench Solutions. Maintenance of the same shall be at the sole discretion of the person.
- Communication address
For sending items by post when required and for sharing with any federal agencies when required to be disclosed as per applicable law. The address may be purged on request after the employee leaves the organisation. However, it will remain on documents that are to be maintained as per applicable laws. The request to purge may be sent to the HR team via email.
- Email/ voice mail Content
Contents of emails/ voice mails sent via official communication systems are available on the WSPL email servers any may undergo reviews/ analysis. The content belongs to Wrench Solutions and it will be used for appropriate business purposes as desired by the organisation.
- Data in HR systems
Any data provided by employees on the HRMS will be accessible to the HR team and will undergo reviews and scrutiny when required. The Data may be purged on request after the employee leaves the organisation. However, it will remain on documents that are to be maintained as per applicable laws and office regulations. The request to purge may be sent to the HR team via email.
- Surveillance Data
Images captured by the surveillance systems are maintained for pre-defined durations and such data will remain for the defined duration irrespective of the employee leaves he organization or not
- Name of the person
Name is used for identifying a person and will be stored in the marketing database. The name may be used for communicating to the specific person for marketing purposes. Upon request from the specific person, this can be changed or removed. This can be changed or purged by making an email request in reply to any email communication sent by WSPL to the person who provided the information.
- Email Address, Phone Number
The email address/ phone number are used for communicating with the person and stored in marketing database. This can be changed or purged by making an email request in reply to any email communication sent by WSPL to the person who provided the information.
- Job Title, Company Name, Country
Job Title, Company Name, Country may be used for analysis of the specific person and preparing relevant matter for communication. This can be changed or purged by making an email request in reply to any email communication sent by WSPL to the person who provided the information.
- Email/ voice mail Content
Contents of emails/ voice mails sent via official communication systems are available on the WSPL email servers any may undergo reviews/ analysis. The content belongs to Wrench Solutions and it will be used for appropriate business purposes as desired by the organization.